Hello! I’m Hector Torres. I’ve been in the IT field for over 20 years and have been involved with the agile methodology for over 10 years.
I’m a creative thinker that loves to be challenged with new ideas and projects. I can work as a stand alone contractor, work as part of a development team, or manage a team of developers and designers. I’m open to new opportunities.
Areas of Expertise
Product Management and Development
From initial concept to finished product, I have experience in each step of the software development life cycle.
A natural leader that is efficient and successful in leading teams to create better digital products. Experience gathering business requirements and translating into epics and stories, documenting user flows and use cases.
User Experience Design
User Interface Design
Experience in PPC, SEO, SEM, content marketing, paid advertising. Knowledge applying data-driven marketing decisions that drive web traffic.
Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Marketing / Social Media Marketing
Logos and Branding
UX/UI Design Skills and Tools
- UX Design Processes: Content Strategy, Personas, Prototyping, Sketching, Researching, User-Centered Design, UX Research, Usability Heuristics, Usability Testing
- UX Design Software: Adobe CC, Adobe Illustrator, Axure RP, Balsamiq, InVision, Sketch, SketchApp
- Website E-commerce platforms: Magento E-commerce, Shopify E-commerce, WordPress, WooCommerce
- Software Version Control: Git, GitHub, MS Visual SourceSafe
- Database Query and Database Reporting: MySQL, phpMyAdmin, SQL, SQL SSIS, SQL DTS, SQL SSR
- Bachelor of Science in IT – Software Development Concentration – Florida International University 2011
- UX Design Course – Springboard 2018
- Google Analytics Training 2018
- Google AdWords Training 2018
- Google Analytics Certification
- Google AdWords Certification
- HubSpot Content Marketing Certification
- ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
- Scrum Master Certification