Hello! I’m Hector Torres. I’ve been in the IT field for over 20 years and have been involved in the web/app design process for over 10 years.
I’m a creative thinker that loves to be challenged with new ideas and projects. I can work as a stand alone contractor, work as part of a development team, or manage a team of developers and designers. I’m open to new opportunities.
Areas of Expertise
Web Design and Development
From initial concept to finished product, I have experience in each step of the software development life cycle.
User Experience Design
Experienced in all areas of the User Experience design process: understanding user requirements, creating user personas, researching and analyzing competitors, wireframes and sketches, style guidelines, creating prototypes, implementing functionality, performing usability testing, and identifying improvements.
User Interface Design
Experience designing mobile responsive user interfaces that look great and function properly in all device sizes.
Web Development / Application Development
Full stack developer with experience in website development and application development using PhP, MySQL, SQL Server, HTML, CSS, XML, ASP .Net, WordPress, Joomla, Shopify, and other languages.
Experience in PPC, SEO, SEM, content marketing, paid advertising. Knowledge applying data-driven marketing decisions that drive web traffic.
Search Engine Optimization
Experience with search engine optimization of pages and optimizing page speed to improve Google and other search engine rankings.
Search Engine Marketing / Social Media Marketing
Google Adwords certified marketer with experience creating paid marketing campaigns. Also experienced creating campaigns in Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Logos and Branding
Experience using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to create great logos. Use of social media and paid marketing to create and expand company branding.
UX/UI Design Skills and Tools
- UX Design Processes: Content Strategy, Personas, Prototyping, Sketching, Researching, User-Centered Design, UX Research, Usability Heuristics, Usability Testing
- UX Design Software: Adobe CC, Adobe Illustrator, Axure RP, Balsamiq, InVision, Sketch, SketchApp
- Website E-commerce platforms: Magento E-commerce, Shopify E-commerce, WordPress, WooCommerce
- Software Version Control: Git, GitHub, MS Visual SourceSafe
- Database Query and Database Reporting: MySQL, phpMyAdmin, SQL, SQL SSIS, SQL DTS, SQL SSR
- Bachelor of Science in IT – Software Development Concentration – Florida International University 2011
- UX Design Course – Springboard 2018
- Google Analytics Training 2018
- Google AdWords Training 2018
- Google Analytics Certification
- Google AdWords Certification
- HubSpot Content Marketing Certification
- ITIL Foundation Certification in IT Service Management
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
“Hector designed our Coconut Grove Ballet website http://coconutgroveballet.com as quickly and efficiently as possible. He was very detail oriented and excellent with time management! I would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for a great website design done in a timely manner!”